Today (21st June), Michele posted a fab. vegan recipe on her vegan.sheknows web-site titled ‘Kalamata olive, lentil and spinach penne’.
‘… I love this vegan pasta recipe because it is easy enough for an everyday family meal and delicious enough to take to your next potluck.
Kalamata olive, lentil and spinach penne
- 1/2 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound penne
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for sauteeing
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Generous pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a medium pot, combine lentils and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover pot, and cook lentils until tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and parsley. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, tomatoes, and onion, stirring to combine. Cover skillet and let spinach steam for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove lid and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer pasta back to the large pot and add lentils, olive oil mixture, and spinach mixture. Toss to combine. Add olives and walnuts and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
Read the recipe, view image and add your comment online at http://vegan.sheknows.com/2012/06/21/kalamata-olive-lentil-and-spinach-penne/