Today (13th February), Katie posted an item on her Chocolate-covered Katie web-site titled ’30 healthy Valentine’s Day desserts’, which includes 30 images with links to vegan recipes for St Valentine’s Day.
‘… What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
Although I don’t believe love should be expressed only one day a year, I totally buy into the idea of a holiday that revolves around chocolate. Long live Valentine’s Day! …’
The first recipe is for ‘Frozen hot chocolate’.
‘… Makes 1 reeeaally big serving
- 1 cup milk of choice (at least 1/3 cup as lite or full-fat canned coconut milk if you want a truly-rich treat)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10 grams)
- scant 1/16th tsp salt (do not omit this)
- 1/2 tsp nunaturals stevia or 1 tablespoon agave, maple syrup, or sugar (or more, if you have a sweet tooth)
- Optional: for an even richer flavor, try adding a little melted chocolate (Serendipity’s recipe calls for this) or chocolate syrup
Combine ingredients and whisk together on the stove. Or microwave 30 seconds, stir, then microwave another 30 seconds. Let cool, then pour into an ice-cube tray. If you don’t have one, pour into three or four small containers. (Or pour it all into one container, but be sure to thaw before doing the next step so your blender can handle the one big block of frozen-ness.) Freeze. Once frozen, pop the mixture into a blender and blend! (I used my Vita-Mix.) Do not add ice. I repeat: Do NOT add ice. You will dilute the flavor.
Top with homemade Vegan Whipped Cream.
And/or soyatoo, cacao nibs, chocolate syrup, sprinkles… …’
Read the item, view the images, follow the links to the recipes and add your comment online at http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/02/13/30-healthy-valentines-day-desserts/